STUDIO



 


This is me today and nearly every other week-day: zero makeup, black top, jeans, boots. This is my studio outfit. I'm an art student, with a focus in sculpture, so wearing anything else is pretty impractical. I've developed a uniform, and straying away from the uniform means risking ruining clothes that are delicate, potentially getting paint all over things that I care about keeping nice. I kind of like how I turn on and off my creative dressing. It means that outfits are more special when I get to dress up, and there's less pressure to churn out bangers every day. I know this outfit isn't revelatory, but I like it because it's honest: I have spent the majority of the last 8 months in these garments, when clothes are worn so frequently, they retain the shape of your body. This turtleneck I've had since I was 12, and the elbows and neck are both awkwardly saggy. The jeans are newer (I've had them for about a year and a half) but they are still very much my jeans. So this is the reality of the majority of my days: work clothes to do good work. But when the weekend comes 'round, you betcha I'm dressing up!


No comments:

Post a Comment