INTERVIEW



This morning, I interviewed an artist over Skype for a story I'm writing for an art magazine. I once heard in high school that you should always dress up for a phone interview since it makes you feel more put together and it will make you perform more seriously. Now that I've heard, that, I can't imagine taking a phone call for anything important without having gotten fully dressed first. Plus, since this story I'm writing will include screen shots of our video conversation, I wanted to dress up a little bit. Today I am wearing a very sneakily layered ensemble: I have a red long sleeved button-up shirt under a red an purple ombre bowling shirt (honestly I don't know how to describe this shirt because it is a lot of things at once). Then on top of all of that, I'm wearing a little navy blue velvet jacket top thing (again, at a loss for how to describe this. If you know what it's called please let me know!). The jacket fastens all the way up to the neck with a long row of hook and eye closures, which is a cool detail. Then on the bottom, I'm wearing my regular fit Wranglers and my little black sandals! Makeup today is blush on my cheeks and eyelids with a little highlighter and some taupe-y eye shadow for a bit of extra pizzazz. It's been a while since I've done full makeup and it feels good to be more put together today!



4 comments:

  1. Just a gorgeous look, makeup looks fab! x

    http://www.stylepetal.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the little jacket! so cute!

    http://www.carolinapinglo.com/

    ReplyDelete